Today’s Monday Mission is all over the map…
1. Do you wear glasses/contact lenses? If so would you consider going through Lasik surgery? (Or if you already have, please tell us about it)
Nope. I’m the only one in my immediately family that doesn’t wear corrective lenses. I guess that means I’m not too far behind.
2. Did you ever have to wear braces? How are your teeth? (any cavities, any pulled teeth, root canals, etc.)
I wore braces for about 3 years in my late teens/early 20’s. Sorry to say, I don’t wear my retainer as much as I should, and my bottom front teeth are moving. I got my wisdom teeth pulled a few weeks before I got my braces, when I had to get 4 more teeth pulled. Ouch! Haven’t been to a dentist in a couple of years… I know I need to.
3. What (if any) recent movies have moved you emotionally? Which one and how so?
I can’t remember any really recent ones, but Grave of the Fireflies is an anime that moved me more than any other live action movie. Very true to life, and doesn’t hold back. It’s touching and at the same time, very somber and sad.
4. Would you rather live the remainder of your golden years in a rest home, or pass away before it came to that?
It depends on how swanky the rest home is. 😉 I don’t think I would mind, as long as I was in fair physical and mental shape. If I had to have a caretaker, I think I wouldn’t like that very much. I’m pretty independent.
5. What natural creation or phenomenon just flat-out leaves you with a sense of wonder?
There are a lot of nature’s creations that I am astounded by, but I should really answer this question with something I’ve seen in person. A lot of the landscapes in Hawaii are just amazing. The Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island… oh my! That whole park is amazing… some parts are like a completely different planet. Haleakala on Maui as well. Wow. Amazing stuff, this earth.
6. Have you ever been in a fist fight or a situation where you had to get physically violent with someone else? How did that come about? Any consequences?
Not that I remember. Does that mean I was KO’ed?
Does scuffling with my sister when we were kids count? 😀
7. Are there any recent happenings that you wish you would have handled differently? What happened and what do you wish you’d done?
The only thing I would’ve done differently is getting this damn house unpacked. We stopped after our initial unpacking and just left it alone for a while. Someone, please, kick our asses!